Friday 29 November 2013

Favorite Things

  We celebrated American Thanksgiving in our home yesterday.  It was a first for us, but now that we have an American teenager living with us it felt necessary, and I'm so happy we did it!
  We had really big plans for the day, which, of course, got sidelined in the mix of our schedule, but it turned out great in any case.
  We shut down for the evening.  We all stayed home and boycotted all events that could have taken us from each other. We had the first family time we'd had in far too long, and it was beautiful.  Boy, do I LOVE my family!

~ the stunning blanket of sparkling snow that is covering everything.  The beauty around me, 
    those sparkling diamonds of white cleanliness are brag worthy!

~ I didn't make a turkey because the turkey selection was crazy sketchy here.  Instead I made 
    two very lovely chickens, and they were beautiful.  Like seriously the most beautifully 
    roasted chickens I have ever made.  Golden brown skin, deliciously fragrant juices....
    I wanted to take a picture but thought that would be pretty lame, so I will just always 
    remember those twin birds as my best attempt!

~ I'm crazy thankful that my community keeps our streets and sidewalks cleared.  With all the 
    snow that fell on us this week it should be a slippery, sludgy, thick, mess, only it's not.  I 
    enjoyed a snow-sparkling run on the cleared walkways yesterday and it was exactly what my 
    spirit needed to be drawn into the thankful mode.

~ we've been divided in our home the past few weekends, and though it seriously sucks, there 
    are definite positives; I get to spend focused quality time with each of my chicklets.  As we 
    drive here there and everywhere and hours down the road, what better time to have heart to
    hearts, to catch up on my kid's life and to build secure bonds with them.  I'm a lucky lady!

~ Here's a shout out to all my favorite ladies!  I don't see you all that often these days, but it 
    matters very little.  You are in my heart, you inspire me, you encourage me, you make 
    everything so much better, whether its a quick phone chat, a hot tub retreat, a coffee at 
    your kitchen island or a cuppa at your kitchen table!  I love you gals!

 ~ my favorite coffee shop is decorated beyond gorgeous for the Christmas season.  It's 
     spectacular, over the top, and insanely inspiring. I can't get enough .... if I spend enough 
     time there, I feel I don't even have to decorate my own house!  

~ the story in my heart is finally taking shape.  It makes me want to jump up and down and 
    shout.  Interestingly enough, the more I write my story the less I find I have to say here,
    hopefully that's not as annoying to all you lovelies as it is to me! 

~ my sweetheart celebrated a birthday this week, that's all I'm going to say other than he's my 
    most favorite thing.  

 Man oh man, the season of reflection is upon us.  I love it!  I am definitely feeling much more invested than I did last year at this time ... I had a serious case of bah hum bug, but not this go 'round!  I'm ready, I may even brave a trip to a mall (even if I hate the mall).
  The beauty of life dwells in the simple; set aside a moment of your time to be thankful, it makes all the difference!

Cheers to a beautiful weekend, everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment