Thursday 17 October 2013

On The Lighter Side...Here's To The Ridiculous!

  I ran out of shampoo the other day, nothing special there.  Anyway I had to run into a shop to grab a few other things and I ended walking past a sale of shampoo.  
  I was filled with glee!!!  All those brightly colored , neatly lined up bottles waiting for me to take them home! To say the least I got caught up not only in the pretty girly colors, but also in the selection of scents.
  I'm usually a coconut or almond scent addict, and I don't like to change it up very often, but obviously great product marketing won me over, or tricked me, and I became a fool in the shampoo aisle.
  Because of the sale, and only the sale, I stocked up (I LOVE CHEAP STUFF).  There are many of us in our home who use shampoo, so I picked up a variety.  
  SIDE BAR:  it makes me crazy that the children are always out of shampoo.  I actually believe that they hold the bottle above the shower drain and watch the pretty sparkly liquid swirl down with the a delightful trail of bubbles.....anyway, I digress.
  Okay, so I picked out several different kinds; ranging from moisture boosting, curl enhancing, sleek-and-shine-hydra-drenching....whatever that means and as if any of those things actually happen.  At the check out I was certain I wouldn't have to purchase another bottle of shampoo until the brand, yet again, repackages and shrinks their bottle while they jack the price....(Opps, did that sound severely cynical?)
  Fast forward to a few days later and I get to rummage through that bag to pick out the fragrance that will linger in my hair's wake for several weeks.  I picked the pretty purple bottle, my favorite color, with all the happy looking berries on the front.
  I opened it up and watched the purplish tint cleanser pour gracefully into my hand.  Then feeling the excitement of something new about to happen, I lathered.....and wow....berries I did not smell.  It was an overwhelming waft, not a subtle drift of scent that hit my nose.  I was about to smell like grape.  Not a fresh fruity smell, but a heavy grape bubblegum, that would turn my stomach instantly.  Here's the kicker....I hate grape.  (I'm more of a Double-Bubble kinda girl, if I had to choose a bubblegum.)
  I smell like a scented doll or the candy I never let my kids buy, and the worst part, though I knew it at the start, my hair isn't curlier, or shinier, or more hydra-whatever.  
  I got sucked in.
  I knew it in the store.
  I laughed about it in the shower when the smell got so strong I grew delirious.
  I'm stuck with it for weeks to come.

  How's that for a bit of lighter fare?

  What's the ridiculous in your life?  Take a moment to laugh about it because you know what? It's the best medicine!

No comments:

Post a Comment