Friday 11 October 2013

Favorite Things

Favorite Things

~ cuddles from my crazytown boys
~ calm evenings, heat from a fire, gorgeous sunsets
~ warm evening runs and the crunch of leaves beneath my feet  
~ Thanksgiving; we have so very much to be grateful for
~ beautiful friends who are always there to provide an encouraging word and a shoulder to    
    lean on.  New friends or old, you are all beautiful!  Especially the ones who have a strong 
    shoulder they let you cry on (that is a direct shout out!! You know who you are)!  
~ disappointment is awful; we all know that well enough.  Yet it is often a gift in itself, for out 
    of hurt comes growth, from disappointment new sparks ignite.  Everything comes to an end 
    sooner or later, it's how you react and move forward from there that shows true character 
~false alarms can make you all the more thankful for the time you have.  We have endless 
   opportunity to spend time with our ageing loved ones, they will only be around for so long.
   What are you waiting for?  They have so much to offer; accept it, run with it, tuck the offered
   wisdom up in your heart.  Cherish those moments, it's a way to Honor their life as well as 
   your own
~ a garden that produced in abundance and has filled my fridge with carrots that will last for 
    months and tomatoes that will be used all winter
~ a new hoodie from my favorite hoodie shop! It's splashed with color, an inspiring word, and 
    the cutest puppy logo ever!
~ a new bag of coffee beans....ahh, sweet aroma!

Here's my very favorite.
~ my sweetheart.  We can't all be strong all the time, and it was my turn this week to feel less 
    than my best.  He was there, he surprised me with comfort, lifted me in his strong arms, and
    praised me with words that humbled me and reset my focus.  My sweetheart is my favorite.
    He's my favorite for so many reasons but I'll keep my sharing to one; HE KNOWS ME!
    Who knew, right?  He knows me and sees the things in me I don't necessarily see.  He knows
    how to walk along side and offer me help when I don't even know he's doing it.  He knows 
    when to push and when to let me simply talk it out.  He knows I love words and gives them to
     me when he knows I need them most and in the most effective way.  He loves me enough to 
     pay attention to the things I like and he indulges me where he can. 
     He showed me his love this week by bringing me a bag.  A paper bag; he knew I would 
     want it you see, and that it was just as important to me as the hoodie that came in it.  WEIRD 
     ME, I know, but he knew, and that's what blew me away!
     He is my favorite today because he shares with me my triumphs, he walks with me in 
     silent support when victory is far from sight and the stairway to my goals seems more like
     the rocky terrain of a mountain summit; nearly impossible to climb. 

  It's Thanksgiving here this weekend and my list could go on and should reflect so much more, because I feel I have everything I could truly ever want or need, or in the very least, the important things.
  Take a minute out of your day and be thankful; gratitude goes a long way to transforming the way you see the world and everything around you.

  Oh yeah, I didn't forget about you! I'm thankful for you!  No matter how many or how few of you check in on a regular basis.  I'm thankful for you, truly!  Now grab a piece of paper....a real paper, and scratch out your own list.  It's good for you to see it all written down, you'd be surprised how long a list you can make when you get going!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING


    

No comments:

Post a Comment