Monday 18 March 2013

Gabrielle Aplin - Panic Cord

  Hey Hey Blizzard Monday

  Snow, snow, snow.  That's what I saw when I rest my head on the pillow last night and there was plenty more and still falling from the sky when my alarm buzzed me into reality this morning.
  I don't mind it, it's beautiful, fresh and clean.  It's a reminder to slow down, to savor the morning before the children wake and I have the privilege of telling them school is, yet again, cancelled!
  Whoops and cheers were heard in my home this morning.  Maybe you don't feel the same, but for the most part, it's a treat to hear school is cancelled!  Not only for my young princes, but also for me; no lunches to pack, no rushing out the door, no this that and the next.  My plans and schedule went out the window and in their place will fall crafts, dance parties, baking, a leisure lunch, and giggles in the fluffy heaps of new snow.

  Wherever you are on this day, turn your face to the sky, catch a snowflake on your tongue, soak up the sun, let the breeze blow through your hair, watch the rain fall, put a skip in your step and know a new season is nearly her; (she's showed her signs, but her fullness is not yet ready to be shared). 
  Now while you're doing all that, take a listen to this lovely new song from Gabrielle Aplin.  She sums up a break up and all the confusing feelings surrounding it with a dreamy, nostalgic, and straight forward lyric.  
  Enjoy another start to a promising week!

No comments:

Post a Comment