Friday 15 March 2013

HERE'S WHAT I KNOW

  Well it's been a big and busy week in the Hartung home.  Most weeks are busy, but this was a different sort of BIG!
  This was the sort of week that had us scrambling (of course) while we sat back, hands raised in awe.  We waited without surprise as the Master dropped piece by piece the puzzle we'd been immersed in for the past who knows how long, but more specifically for the past 18 months.
  Have you ever looked back at your life and seen an event or series of circumstance that are too deliciously unfathomable to believe with the contents of your own understanding?
  Well over the past few years I feel as though I've been living in that state and learning one astonishingly valuable lesson.

HERE'S WHAT I KNOW - another week of discovery

1~ the more I give to others the more I receive in return (without expecting it, of course)

2~ without my Master, who makes me whole, I would be nothing; a wretched heap of flesh
      incapable of using my hands and feet for any small bit of good

3~ I have a voice, and though it's taken me many years to find it, I know I was made for a 
      purpose, and with each step on that journey I am empowered and humbled by the tools
      I've been equipped with

4~ tears don't generally fall until the worst is over and we know we've weathered the
     storm or passed the test

5~ trying new things is learning.  Your resume can be long and random, but experience is
      is never wasted, and failure is a term doled out too quickly and often branded by those
      too afraid to try

6~ I want to do all the things on my list of "terrifying things".....well almost all, I'm still not
     sure about jumping out of an airplane

7~ when I have a plan and hold on to it tightly, it's almost certain to be ruffled and realigned

8~ I know this is hugely cliche...but....there is rarely big reward without big risk

And on the lighter side of things!

9~ if I had known I would be the mother of a goalie, it would have been useful to have
      invested in indigestion meds

10~ my 90 year old grandma played hockey in her youth.  An all girls team
        apparently.....who knew! (I'm hugely jealous.....)


  There you have it folks....another week in books! Was it a big one for you?  Did you push yourself just a bit further, test out your wings to see if you could fly?
  I took a big step by way of dreams this week! I sent two of my manuscripts to the publisher of my dreams....gulp! I put myself out there, and now I will wait and see!  It's out of my hands.....maybe it's what they're looking for at this time, maybe it's not.  Who can say?  But either way, I did it, I took the risk and I won't ever be sorry!

  I love every one of you who tune in each week to peruse my ramblings, and don't be fooled, I know full well I ramble!  Thank you!  You have been an encouragement, and in your own way gave me the confidence to explore the words I have inside of me.

  Have a ridiculously inspired, fantastically fun weekend!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment