Monday 10 September 2012

Kiss Me - Ed Sheeran



 Each week I feel like I'm scrambling to share with you my new favorites, unusual finds, or the latest thing that makes me smile and inspire me.  This guy isn't new anymore, at least not to me, but his brilliance needs to be addressed!
  I've been a huge fan of this kid for what seems like forever, I actually don't remember what music I liked before this guy!  This particular song is one of the highlighted favorites from my most recent project, and because I plan do to another round of editing on that monster piece of work, I thought I would let you in on what is going to help me slide into the mood! Also just so you know, I've never grown tired of his voice even if my play count has well exceed 100 on several tracks.
  Lyrically Ed Sheeran is a magician and I'm not going to lie, I want to dive into his brain and float for a while, get all pruny in the words of his mind . Once I've digested the words, when I feel like I can't soak it up any more, I want to feel the sweet melodies and harmonies he creates to make the words all the more powerful and memorable.  I would love to understand how he melts these two arts together so cohesively so, dare I say, perfectly!  Yep, I'm that much of a fan, and I haven't even mentioned his smooth as honey voice that almost never steps off pitch, how he sounds on his live tracks, or his ridiculous covers. 
  Have a quick listen.  Let these lovely words ease you into a new week and float you through Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment