Wednesday 15 August 2012


Rain, rain, rain!


What was I thinking cleaning my house and spending the day baking cookies while the sun shone brightly on the other side of the window? Oh yeah, I know! I was setting myself up for a nothing-to-do rainy day.

I love the sound of rain. Especially after this summer where it happened quite infrequently. I love more, the pleased giggles and squeals that came from the basement as my crazy-town kiddos discovered toys they have not touched since winter.

There is something so wonderful about being locked away….not that I’d melt if I ventured out into the rain, which I may do in a while, (I love to run in a rain shower). However, for me anyway, it causes me to slow down, take a moment, sit down and drink that cup of tea while it’s hot, curl up in my pajamas just a short while longer, or just stand at the window and watch the magic fall from the sky.
It is refreshing; I know my garden is being fed, I can almost hear the lawn sing out in adulation at the thirst quenching drops, and the smell….have I mentioned that yet? Is there anything as nourishing to the sense of smell as the sweet first drops of rain on a parched land?
Even if it’s 10 degrees cooler and it feels like the end of summer, today I will embrace it! (See, there is that hopeless romantic flag I have been shamelessly flying!)

So, while the crazy-town kids are distracted with their rediscovered toys and before I dig out the rainy-day crafts I stashed away before the start of summer. I will indulge in a brief, imaginary, and completely unproductive sneaky, online peek at all the new shoe styles for fall! Oooo, it’s love, I can feel it!

I love a rainy day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment