Friday 17 August 2012


Happy  Friday!

   I am in a round about way going to pick up where I left off earlier this week, though I will do my best to keep my commentary to a minimum……

   Another summer week has flown by, and though the days tend to bleed into one another and distort any record of time, the days do continue forth on schedule, and that is something to be thankful for.

   Here’s a peek into this week’s summer fun over in our small corner of the earth.  It was another busy one, they always are, but there is always time to indulge in the everyday jewels I stumble across.

FIVE AND FIVE TOP TEN

The Simple

 1-rainy days-- we painted, danced, read, I learned a thing or two! It was perfect.
 2-spontaneous dance parties-- A lot of One Direction happening in this house, because my kids are obsessed...
 3-the flag that tells me the ways of the wind and the rainbow growing in my  garden--delicious for my eyes and our bellies.
 4-hours of entertainment with stack of branches including this clever teepee created without adult assistance.
 5-an evening in the house alone!!! -- Enough said!




   I’m going to split it up here and share my current favs to blast while running, cooking, cleaning, sitting, driving…..well you obviously get the idea

 Summer Anthems

1-Charli XCX – You’re The One…because I love the words, the beat, and that I want to hit repeat on my run, or just dance around the kitchen.

2-John Mayer – Something Like Olivia…I fought the new album a long time (for many reasons), but gave in a while ago.  I’m hooked and all my reasons for holding off now seem foolish!  He has a way of slipping in a super catchy sound with the perfect words, and he never hesitates to throw in that super sexy number that makes you smile; here it is.

3-Rudimental – Feel The Love….I just like it.

4-Alex Clare – Hands Are Clever…..YUMM, it’s just sooo, sooo sexy (blush) the beat, the words, the voice….it’s a really good one.

5-Twin Atlantic – Free….It makes me want to run faster, scream louder, and overall make my point more clear.

  Well there are a few, and it was not an easy task to pare it down.  If you see me running out there, my arms will be flailing likely because I’m air-drumming like my life depended on it, screaming random lines from my favorite songs while I gasp for air and trying to maintain a rhythm in my feet.  Yep that disaster is me!  Ha!  I love it!

   All these songs are available to purchase at iTunes.  If you fancy a listen make sure you buy.  Do Not Steal these fab tunes!

Happy Friday, and cheers to the weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment