Tuesday 14 August 2012

Mumford & Sons - I Will Wait (Official Audio)



Ahhh, how a song can carry you away. It’s funny how you only need one bar of a song to be lifted into a different world or transported to another time. How you can smell a different moment, feel the tingle in your toes or a flutter in your belly.
Does a certain familiar song do that for you? Can it bring a memory back to life, renew a feeling you thought you’d lost, jump-start a fire in you that you’d forgotten once lived?

Have you ever left behind the person you used to be? The fierce passion you used to carry with you, the eyes that saw the world differently, the feet that knew where they were going and exactly how to get there has all but left behind. There seems to be an abandoned dull glow of embers compared to the fire you used to feel. Until! Until you hear that chord, the progression of notes, and those smooth tangling of words.

When you really think about it, it’s pretty crazy that a song can churn all that up inside of you. In an instant you’re back in the moment where your eyes have locked with another’s on the other side of the room; word aren’t necessary, one look says it all. You’ve stumbled into that first dream-like, perfect moment kiss. You’re walking down an unfamiliar, moon lit street in the company of a new friend; a friend you’ve placed every ounce of your trust in. A smile, too perfect to share, that will always define that moment.

A song. A simple tune more often than not meshed with words that would mean little without its notes.

I would have pushed hard against the idea of being called a ‘romantic soul’ back in the day. I was too caught up in being practical and everything that I’m not. I laugh at it now; because it turns out, I am hopeless! So hopeless in fact, when I feel the urge, or the humdrum mundane of life, I can turn a simple jaunt to the store to pick up milk into an elaborate tale. Not just a mushy-gushy love story, but the sort of tale that takes you on a trip to understanding. A world where ideals are made real, where the what if’s on your mind become the what is. The sort of romanticizing that has absolutely nothing to do with love or romance. It makes you giggle to yourself and think, if the world only knew, if they could only feel what I feel right now!

Maybe it’s the hope and belief that the unthinkable, unimaginable, and unlikely could actually be……I don’t know. Maybe you just need to get up and move your feet. Add a flare to your step, or relish the feel of gooseflesh brought on by a single note that conjures fear, or a deep, resounding, acknowledgement that you just cannot help but be moved by the sound.

Either way, I like the memory, I adore the feeling, and I love the journey I find myself on when I hear those ear perking notes.

What song takes you places? Which song brought you to where you are? Moreover, what song just makes you laugh because the memory is just too delicious not to embrace? I’ve got one for nearly every moment, and I’m sure they’ll continue to pile up because in my world there is always music.

Here’s to the music of the past, the music we anticipate getting our hands on in the future, and to today’s beautiful sounds that have caught our attention and will forever hold us hostage!

I’ve been waiting for this….I pre-ordered this album and received the 1st single immediately. I’m not disappointed! Take a listen to this, it grabbed hold of me this week, and will continue to blast through the speakers on repeat through to the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment