Friday 13 June 2014

TOP TEN a little piece of thankful

1~ I love my country.  It's beautiful, and I'm not just saying that lightly.  I put many miles on 
       my tires this week, passing through several provinces and they each had unique beauty      
       that was breathtaking.  
2~ Adventures are so, so fun!  It doesn't matter much what the adventure is really, big or 
       small, it's what you make of the moment that matters. 
3~ We tried out a new restaurant the other night.  Reviews were positive, so why not, we 
       thought!  There were two people in the restaurant when we arrived; one was our server, the
       other was doing some sort of setup maintenance.  We decided to give it a go anyway.
       It was nothing special, except for the salsa.  The best bit was that my sweetheart and I sat 
       side by side, yep! like that odd couple that cuddles!  We sat together facing the game, we 
       chatted 75% more because we were beside each other instead of across from each other, 
       and it was the best quality time we've had in far too long.
4~ I love my family.  Really, truly love them.
5~ I am thankful that my girlfriends receive me regardless of my mood, my state of mind, or  
       my ultimately crazy requests.  In truth, you indulge me and my imaginings and stalker-like 
       request for feedback with true style!  You deserve credit for anything I create!
6~ Food....I think I am actually looking forward to spending time in my kitchen again.  It's 
       funny what taking a break and having someone else take care of you now and again can do 
       to recharge you. 
7~ NAPS!  enough said!
8~ My sweetheart indulged me with a walk through of my favorite shop.  Unfortunately I
       didn't leave with a pretty bag in hand, but the tactile experience of touching all the lovely 
       fabrics, trinkets, and pottery was enough to have fairies dancing before my eyes as I 
       drifted to sleep later that night.  Inspiration comes in many forms and is invaluable.
9~ Spending some time in the sunshine, watching the rain, and listening to the world revolve 
       around me. The peace, calm, chaos, and beauty of creation all around is astounding.
10~ I am the horse whisper.  (No story necessary, because it is just too weird.)

  It's been a while since I made a list, but I thought it was time, especially since life has been so chaotic and I have slacked so heavily in the area of embracing the simple and slowing down enough to truly enjoy it.  This is my friendly reminder to slow down and breathe every now and then.
  Make a list and see how quickly the good stuff from your day, week, or month adds up!  Be thankful!
  
  Happy Friday, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment