Friday 14 March 2014

 Life has been crazy, but it always is, isn't it?  Anyway, I've been thinking a lot lately that it is high time I actually wrote something instead of redirecting y'all to whatever has captured my attention, and to be fair, my attention has been all over the place and seriously unfocused recently.  Too many balls in the air and all that ... blah blah blah.
  That said, will there be a redirect this week?  Likely.  Will I recycle a previous post?  I haven't so far, and in nearly two years of posting one to three times a week.... well, that is something; and though I would never dare to call myself short winded, even I often run out of things to say - shocking.  I know!
  So that leaves me here.  In a place, where I have no idea WHAT TO SAY.
   Telling you about how I have been juggling my life over the past year has been done.  You've heard that I am tired.  That I am distracted.  That I am without inspiration, creativity, and what was it last week ... too distracted by procrastination to focus on what I love ... which is words.
  Is it possible to lose your muse?  Well mine has gone into hiding.  Or has gone on a long run of dealing with me via the silent treatment.
  That's right.
  Another excuse!

  I don't think I've ever been that person to talk just for the sake of needing something to say.  I also don't believe that silence is necessarily a bad thing.  In fact, I really love a good long silent pause.  So perhaps this is my way of saying I need to be silent for a while.
  There are so many things I still want to share, but none of it seems important at the moment.  Perhaps it's because I'm caught up in finishing a different project and that has seriously sapped and drained me of all other word purposes.  Perhaps I just need a break.  A recharge.  A moment to turn my back and regroup.
  I need to take a break from feeling I have to put something in this space and remember that I started it for me, because I needed to get the words out, not because it was Monday and I had to dig deep and fill a page.  I need to clean my glasses and start looking at things in a different light, with fresh eyes and a thirsty spirit that sees the wonder in every small corner.  Once I get there, I will very likely have something to say again.

  There is nothing wrong with any of those reasons.
  So, here I am, saying I'll see you later.  
  Hang in there.
  I'll likely share with ya'll soon enough, though what that may look like is a mystery!

  Happy Friday, folks!

   


No comments:

Post a Comment