Friday 7 February 2014

Favorite Things

 Favorite Things

  I feel like it's been forever since I've made a list, so let's do it, folks, let's throw together a list of our favs!!

1~ The great outdoors.  I love it, even if it continues to be too cold to exit the front door without having my sanity questioned.  Every cleansing, healing, refreshing outdoor breath is worth the layers needed to get through it!
2~ Sometimes it's the goofy that gets you through, and for my home, this week has been no exception.  We spent much silly time giggling, belting out our favorite tunes, dancing, and escaping to magical lands while together we read our latest favorite.  What would my life be without the silly?  I can honestly say - absolutely unbearable!
3~ I'm sporting two new accessories these days.  They are necklaces crafted by my favorite boys.  One is neon orange and the second neon pink with black and green accents.  Can you picture it?  They are perfect and when I told them I would absolutely wear their creations out and about they looked at me with astonishment.  What could make me more proud than the pleasure on their faces when they realized I did, in fact, wear them out!!  Their creations are worthy of my praise and that simple gesture makes a difference!
4~ Girl time.  There may only be time for a quick coffee, a three minute catch up, a hug or a text.  But it makes a difference.  We need each other, and though there is little time for more these days, those small efforts get me through.  
5~ A deadline.  Doesn't sound like it should be a favorite thing, but it is the kick in the pants that I need apparently.  I've been seriously lacking focus and distracting myself with whatever I can, it's been a sad creative time if I'm being really honest.  So this deadline is exactly what this procrastinator needs!
6~ THE OLYMPICS.  Today is the day!!! They are one of my absolute ALL-TIME favorites!  Oh boy!  They make me weepy, they make my heart full, they inspire me beyond understanding, and they make me believe that if you don't quit, you work hard and you believe that you can anything can happen! LOVE IT!
7~ A great song.  In a moment you're back there, held in time, in the moment that mattered.  A few strums of the strings, a combination of keys pushed and it's magic.  It's one of those incredible things, and I am so thankful that my life is filled with music.
8~ Quiet time.  It's one of my favorite parts of the day.  It gets me going and fills me up, I am thankful for that very special part of the day.
9~ Pie?  Yes, is there anything as comforting and down-home-good-old-days as pie?  You tell me!
10~ A road trip.  I've been dreaming of driving away the past few days.  It is unlikely to happen anytime soon, but I can smell the warm air, almost taste the coffee I'd need to put the miles behind me.  The soundtrack I would sing along to and the company I'd bring along.  It's a wonderful thought on this cold an unrelenting winter's morn.

  There you have it folks, what's on my mind!
  Make a list and be thankful for all the good in your own life.  It will make a difference and can change everything about the day you're in and the way you look at your circumstances.  Thankfulness isn't just a gimmick; it's a way of life, a state of heart and a good lens to look through.
  
  Cheers to the weekend, folks, make it a good one! 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment