Monday 6 January 2014

James Blake - A Case Of You (Live at Heaven, London)

  As I write this I'm looking out the window at the most beautifully puffy blanket of glistening snow, it looks beyond gorgeous.  The only problem is beyond my window the temperature is frigid; like -37 degree Celsius and -51 with the windchill, frigid.  That is well past the point of cold and dwelling in the deathly dangerous category.  
  In spite of all that I'm thankful.  Thankful I have sweaters to layer up with.  Thankful I have a kettle to heat water.  Thankful my furnace is in working order.  Thankful that the sun is shining.  Thankful.  Thankful. Thankful.
  We want so many things in this world, but need?  We don't need all that much.
  Today I need warmth, and thankfully I have access to it.
  Today is also the first school day of the New Year.  My kids I think were torn last night as I tucked them up in bed.
  "Is school going to be cancelled?"  was the question.  I sent them to bed with the assumption that there would indeed be school and that if it were to be cancelled we would deal with it in the morning.  Well our thermometer is one degree away from having another delightful day tucked away in the warmth of our home, and I gotta say, I would have been fine to have one final day of Christmas break.  But alas, it's not to be, so I will bundle them up in their warmest gear and send them away happily on the bus.
  I guess I'm thankful for that, too, not only because we will hit the ground running this morning with the return of our demanding schedule, but because we will all be where we are supposed to be!

  Now, down to business!  I can't get enough of this song, it's become one of my character's theme songs, much like so many songs before.  I've chosen this version because I really do enjoy James Blake, but there are many versions out there that are also so very beautiful, including the original by Joni Mitchell and James Taylor, as well as the album version from James Blake.
  It may be a little melancholy for a Monday morning but I think it's exactly what I need on this freezing cold morning to coax me from beneath the warmth of my duvet!  It will also help me dive into character as I scrape together a few moments to lose myself in another world.
  Have a listen, and check out other artist's take on this gorgeous song and, if it suits you, buy the song.... ah, A Case Of You, what a lovely thought!
  Stay warm, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment