Friday 17 January 2014

A Quick Note

 I believe beauty needs to be celebrated and, all too often, we're too busy to stop and appreciate what we have.
  My life, praise God, is over flowing with that beauty.
  My marriage which builds me up and challenges me to face my fears every day.
  My children who are an education unto themselves.
  My friendships which are an invaluable resource.
  My work: it inspires me, fulfills, challenges, infuriates, and stretches me further than I usually anticipate.
  There is an endless amount of fuel for my spirit in my life.  Most days it is staring me in the face and I need only slow it all down to appreciate where I am in the middle of it all.  Others it takes a bit more searching, but it's there - the beauty, nonetheless.
  Beauty, like the weather or the news or the air we breathe surrounds us whether we want to see, hear or feel it.
  I say embrace it, fill yourself up on it.  It's rare in the sense that it is often squandered and not given the appreciate it deserves.

Beauty is:
A smile
A laugh
A glimmer of hope
A moment of satisfaction
Shed tears
Perseverance
A generous spirit
Giving of yourself
Saying NO
Sitting in silence and allowing the silence to flood your spirit
A promise
An open palm that trusts the Guiding Hand

Beauty.  What does it mean to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment