Friday 27 September 2013

Favorite Things ~ TOP...

~ I cleaned out my email's inbox....finally!  Now I just need to reply to all those lovely little 
    letters that have been waiting long enough. (One thing at a time)
~ I have a bit of a thing for beginnings and endings.  I love the start of things.  I love the 
    start of school.  I love the feel of a new t-shirt.  I love new TV; I'm not too ashamed to 
    admit it, I love discovering new characters, now I just need to find more hours in the day       to carry me away to another world!
~ I got a coupon in the mail for new runners.  I love new runners!  I can't wait to try on all
    those brightly colored treats....my feet, knees and the rest of my old-lady body will be
    thankful!
~ I love the simple ways we can make a difference in whatever is going on around us.  Like
    sharing a bag of tomatoes, sharing a smile, extending a hand, a kind word, or a soft good 
    morning kiss on the cheek.  How about sharing a bowl of soup or going out of your way to
    make someone feel appreciated.  How about that encouraging text that can change your 
    day or stopping to catch up with someone you randomly bump into...is it all that random? 
    Or is it just what you needed to take yourself away from the crazy in your own life!?
~ Seeing old friends.  We're back to living at the arena and I love seeing the faces we live 
    with each winter.  It's funny how our circle of people changes when our children change 
    their sports teams.  Well, that is just the way it will be for the next, well, the next many 
    years.  I love catching up with new friends and seeing old ones.  I'm going to do my best 
    this season to not bury my nose in a book and hide behind the pages.  
    I'm going to try!  I didn't say I would succeed!
~  I love that it's getting dark so much earlier.  I feel like it's the more than welcome, 
    obligatory gear-down, and best of all, I've been getting to bed earlier than I have in 
    months!
~ I've surrendered the pretty room and gained a "son".  So far, (since Monday), all is right, all
    is seeming to fit together.  It's hard to believe it's only been a few days of having him in our 
    home.  Hopefully he feels a part of our family soon!
~ I love hearing your stories of the special simple moments in your life; the moments that 
    change the way you look at something.  (Those moments are often what makes us 
    better!)Thanks gorgeous, red haired friend for sharing your special moment with me last 
    night!  Hopefully you know who you are and how you encouraged me with your sharing, and 
    that we will in actuality have time soon for that coffee!
~ I LOVE random moments that shouldn't inspire things but often create the best ideas! 
    Ahhhhhh!  Big sigh!

  Alright, folks!  How's that for a list this week?  
  Have you made your own list lately?  I want to challenge you to do just that!  Find the simple and turn it into a highlight.
  Even in the midst of the chaos that has become all our lives there is so many things that can give us pause, things to make us thankful, things to remind us that life isn't just about us!

  Have a fantastic weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment