Monday 5 August 2013

Monday Morning.  A Long Weekend.  A Birthday Kick-Off.

 I am officially declaring this week birthday week.... Yep, all week long!
The older I grow the more fond I seem to become of my birthday.  It's kind of bizarre, especially since this will be my 8th annual 28th birthday!  Regardless of the number, I really am looking forward to it.
  I was listening to this song the other morning on my run and the words spoke to me.  I had a lot of dreams when I was young, none more imperative to me than being older.  I could hardly wait to have my opinion valued simply because my age brought merit to my words.  I relished the thought of living in a grownup world where I would finally understand so many of life's answers, and at the same time, feel like I knew what I was doing and where I belonged.  
  Ha ha ha ha.
  Are you laughing, too?
  My oh my, what on earth was my hurry?
  Here's my finest confession yet.  I still don't feel like a grownup.  I don't feel much different, apart from, hopefully, collected wisdom and aching bones, than I did at 16.  It's the strangest thing.
  I like to think, like we so often do when we take a moment to drift back in our memories, that if I could go back to the time..... I would take more risks, I wouldn't be so focused on doing everything right, and I definitely would have taken more time to test the waters of my own limits. 
Do something crazy. 
Take what I wanted in the moment.  
Been a whole lot more wild and unpredictable.   
Think things through less and just do.

But the truth is.... I don't know if I would.
  
  I already told you a few weeks ago that I love Bastille, I have listened to this album so much since I bought it that even my crazytown kiddos know all the words.  I thought instead of simply playing you a song, I would give you the words and let you head over to buy it yourself.
  These are the thoughts in my rambling mind as I kick of my birthday week.  I hope you enjoy this fantastic Monday.  It's a holiday here and, at this exact moment, we have no plans for this beautiful August day. 
  Where will the next few hours lead us?  
  Maybe I will put some crazy in my life after all!  Regardless, I will definitely stop thinking about the weight of living!

  Have a fantastic day folks!!  We'll chat soon.
The Weight Of Living Part II ~Bastille

The weight of living
the weight of living 
the weight of living
the weight of living.

All that you desired
when you were a child
was to be old, was to be old
Now that you are here
suddenly you fear 
you've lost control, you've lost control.
Do you like the person you've become?

Under the weight of living
you're under the weight of living,
Under the weight of living
you are under the weight, the weight of living
The weight of living.

It all crept upon you
in the night it got you
it plagued your mind, it plagues your mind
everyday it passes faster than the last did
you'll be old soon, you'll be old.
Do you like the person you've become?

Under the weight of living
you're under the weight of living,
Under the weight of living
you are under the weight, the weight of living
The weight of living.

Oh, tell yourself this is how it's going to be.
Oh, tell yourself this is how it's going to be.

Under the weight of living
you're under the weight of living,
Under the weight of living
you are under the weight, the weight of living
The weight of living.

song by: Bastille


No comments:

Post a Comment