Monday 8 July 2013

Never Had Nobody Like You - M. Ward (HQ)

Hello, Monday!

  What's goin on with y'all this fine Monday morning?  Was your weekend one for the record books?  Epic on a previously unimaginable level?  Hmm?  Were you able to kick your feet up for a few hours and reacquaint yourself with that beauty we call Summer?  I wish that for you all!

  So this song puts a very strong visual picture in my mind.  (I'm actually working on a small piece with my imaginary friend involving this fantastic tune, but that's for another time.)  Stick with me a moment and I'll try to give you a vague sample glimpse at what I see, or maybe more what I feel.
  It starts with the beat of a drum.  I think I know where the song is going, yet when the guitar comes in I'm turned in a completely different direction. A much better direction!
  Its got a sway; I like the sway.  It makes me see dancing, the hip swinging, arms raised sort of oblivious to the outside world dancing; like you could watch said dancer through a fully lit window and remain unseen in the shadows.  (Not in a creepy way though, if that's possible!)
  Then the voice; earthy yet sincere,  forcefully revealing and openly honest.  It pours in and beckons me to join the journey, and I'll all too willing.
  Then it's over.  It's too short and I feel left hanging.  I want more.  So, "why not", I say with an easy shrug of my shoulders.  I hit repeat....several times!
  You get the idea.  I have a very clear picture, but to share the whole thing would steal something from a story that's not yet ready to be told.   
  Needless to say, it's a great tune for any time of day.  The best bit, which all good art incites, it inspires me.
  Add that sway to your step, break out your oblivious-to-the-world dance moves!  Take a listen, if you like it, buy the tune!  

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment