Sunday 13 January 2013

   The holidays are now fully in the past and only a memory.  Have you all weathered your first days of 2013 with all the joy and anticipation imaginable?!  Ha, well it's early days!

   I've fought a power packed fight the past few months and I was surprisingly coming out on top of each and every bacteria and germ brought into our home.....my fight is over, I've succumbed.  I tried everything and I thought I was the stronger combatant; Oil of oregano was my friend, honey and cinnamon was choked back, extra vitamin C anyone?  Well I tried it all and was feeling rather smug about my cold-less streak......
   I've now had to set that smugness aside.  My throat is on fire, my head is pounding, I'm pretty sure sinuses are not made to harbor whatever is going on in there for any amount of time, and I would absolutely love for the elephant sitting on my chest to vacate the premises.  That's right!!!  Oh yeah, and I'm blaming my chicklets for this nasty cold bug that's got me down.  Who else would share with me such a delightful little treat?!

   Anyway enough of my melodrama!  I hope you all are enjoying your weekend.  Over in my neck of the woods we were treated to one serious snow storm; the sort that had all events cancelled, forcing us to hide inside instead of racing and chasing the day away.  The drifts were a few feet deep and made for some serious snow-fort creations.....
   And now that the clean up is done, I'm skippin town!  That's right! I'm packing up and heading to destinations new and exciting....not really, just a quick over night road trip with my Mom!
   I'm looking forward to it!  It's been a while since she and I have had an adventure without the chicklets and it is well past time!  So we will kick our feet up together and enjoy some serious luxury...any morning the coffee comes to me is a luxury!!  And who doesn't love a road trip soundtrack!
  Enjoy the start of a new week folks!!
  
  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment