Thursday 29 November 2012

  So it's snowing where I am.  The street lights are blurred by the dancing crystals, and the streets have gathered a fluffy covering that's traced with wheel tracks.
  It's beautiful.
  It's magical.
  It's peaceful.
  
  If you go outside while it's snowing you can hear the world slow down.  It has secrets to share, and it whispers softly straight to your heart....look at me, I'm beautiful, there is nothing like me, and try as you may, you'll never find two flakes that are the same.  I am special, stop, take a listen, and you'll see.  That's what it would say, I'm almost certain.

  There's a lot going on in our lives.  Birth.  Death.  Hurt.  Loss.  Disappointment.  Joy.  Laughter.  Love.  Rain that washes the dry dust away, sunshine that bursts through the clouds and sparkles like diamonds off of every surface.  A breeze to bring a fresh breath to that which is withering.
  But to me there is nothing like snow.  It's cold, yes, that's true.  It can cause damage, yes, yes, I know these things.
  What my heart hears is this.

I am beautiful.
I am welcoming.
I am here to remind you that there is hope.
Watch me fall, flutter, and land in a swirl.  I will make everything appear wonderful, and when all you see is bathed in white, the possibilities are endless.
If you stop and listen to my peaceful descent, your heart will know, you will hear my secrets.

  I just caught it, or maybe it's better to say I got caught up in it!
  What you might ask?  The Christmas spirit, of course!  The spirit of thankfulness, true Joy, Peace, and Love.
  
 Enjoy your weekend, everyone!
 Listen to the signs of the season, you might be surprised what you hear!
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment