Friday 23 November 2012

Hey, all!

  It has been one super crazy week.  That I believe is all I'm going to say about that at the moment.  I know, same old same old.....
  So I wouldn't call myself Scrooge, not exactly anyway, but I will admit to feeling more than lack luster about the pending holiday season.  It may be the day to day scheduling, or the frenzy which people enforce within themselves, or the materialism that surrounds the season, I guess it could be a number of things.  
  I like the twinkling lights of the tree as much as the next person, and once the sparkly, shiny, wistful, eye-popping, mouthwatering, tactile flourishes have been lavishly spread everywhere imaginable, I feel the pull in my own heart to jump on the wagon.
  I may need another week or two to fully arrive, but I will get there.  I will put up our tree, we will play carols through our speakers, and there will likely be some sort of festive activities in our home.  So that must mean I'm not Scrooge after all, right?  What I do know for certain is at this time of year, I seriously wish for the simple.
  However, what I long for is anything but simple.  It's the wish of a child.  The dream of the idealist.  The notions of the dreamer who understands the wish is impossible.
  I want true peace on earth, and good will to all people.  

Here's What I Know

1~ I want this season to be different for my family  
2~ I want to share love and joy like it was intended; without expectation and with
      abundance 
3~ I want to be thankful for what I have, because I truly have so very much 
4~ I want the people in my life to know how thankful I am for them
5~ I want to be warm and safe and tucked up tight with my babies as we read the Christmas
      story and hear about the miracle birth of a tiny baby, and how He changed the world
6~ In a world filled with so much chaos and hurt, there is also peace to be found


  So I'm not sure how another week has passed so quickly, but it has!  Another busy weekend  is on its way, and there is always lots and lots going on, and even more to consider for another day.  
  I'm going to try to slow it down.  Slow it enough to embrace the quiet moments, enjoy the simple, and give thanks for the abundance in my life.  If I slow it down enough, maybe the scrooge inside of me will vanish and be replaced with a twinkle in the eye and an abundant joy that suits the season perfectly!

Happy Friday   


1 comment:

  1. Jodie, well said, well said! It's during this time, just before the last minute panic and rush of concerts that I find myself not anticipating what's to come. May I too look and find that peace! Thanks for your post.- (Joyce R)

    ReplyDelete