Monday 12 November 2012

Here's what I know

  I fancy myself a writer, but there are times, when my emotions get in the way, when I can't express myself truly because my words may hurt someone, or the passion I feel for the topic tumbles my words out all wrong, or times that I can't find the right words at all.
  It is in those moments that music fills my spirit.  In those moments when I allow another artist to paint my spirit, allow another's words to cast a filmy clarity over my jumbled thoughts, or more specifically, allow another's words to reveal to me how so deeply inside I was unable to understand it on my own; it is then that I feel the words I need to say.

  Do you feel that way about whatever it is that touches your depths? 

   It doesn't have to be music.  It can be art, admiration of abilities, nature, a form of compassion, empathy, truth, a deep commitment, a focus that is derived from perseverance.  Really, whatever grabs your heart, whatever it is that stirs deep inside you and allows you to understand what is going on around you and inside of you on another level.
  Perhaps what I'm trying to say is that beauty enlists and inspires beauty in all its forms.  I stumbled across a beautiful, beautiful blog over the weekend.  I scrolled through it until my eyes were burning and each image seemed to jump out at me.
  I was inspired by the talent I saw to take some time to sharpen my own, and recommit to some goals I had set aside for a while.

What I know

1~ no one will do the things you want to accomplish for you
2~ allowing your love for something to be undermined steals pieces of you
3~ can anyone believe in you if you don't believe in you?
4~ "compare, where you are to where you want to be, and you'll get nowhere" -
        thank you Sara Bareilles, for your inspiring words
5~ I know I am worth it

  Do you know you're worth it too?  
  Where do you want to be?   
  What do you feel is worth fighting for?

  I challenge you on this cold, snow covered Monday (where I am anyway) to take a minute to find what you love and paint a picture in your head.  
  What do you see?  Does it inspire you?  If so, go ahead, get started.  Find the time to go and sharpen your own talent! 








No comments:

Post a Comment