Friday 5 October 2012

Here's what I know

   I am pretty sure I feel this at the end of each week, but seriously, what a week!!
   It amazes me how much can happen in 5 short days, but then I remind myself that there are 4 of us and that leaves a day each, with the added bonus of a 5th to allow for sneaky surprises, and it all makes a whole lot more sense.
   I'm a planner, so when my head hits the pillow Sunday night, my whole week is scribbled in the calendar, alarms are set to remind me through my phone, and on the counter rests papers layered with lists that will show me how to take care of my 4 people, and everyone else who I can fit in.
   A little crazy, and in desperate need of control?  Probably!  I'm okay with that, I understand that I desire to see our schedule, and though it is relatively flexible, knowing I have a plan gives me perspective; without the plan I know I would be easily overwhelmed with all I expect of myself, and with all everyone requires of me.
  This week threw my whole plan out the window, and sort of stomped all over it, while laughing and rubbing it in my face!
   It was good.  No, it was a great week!  And I learned once again that straying from the plan isn't so bad!

Top Ten (in all it's bizarre randomness)

1~ the stomach flu isn't all bad! I was rewarded with a whole day of cuddles, snuggles, hilarious conversations, and no reason to change out of my pajamas
2~ sometimes forsaking the list actually means accomplishing a whole slew of other important things
3~ my lists don't have power over me, and I won't let them stop me from living a really awesome life.  It's all about the small things after all, and the irony is the small things are the biggest gifts!
4~ family in all its glorious dysfunction is the most beautiful thing! 
5~ righting wrongs and telling the truth can often make you want to puke, but it is vital to growth, and the road less traveled is never dull
6~ my heart may be fickle, but I cannot be accused of not giving my all
7~ I love to learn, I love to learn, um yeah, I love to learn
8~ I can only do what I do.  And oh boy, what I do is crazy important! What I do is necessary, it is needed, it is vital, and I am right where I'm supposed to be, doing exactly what I am called to do! 
9~ waiting is hard, lessons shape character, sharing your heart is like walking on thin ice, loving is easy, acceptance is often a roadblock-and roadblocks are not always what we believe them to be. (vague, I know....but think about it, this is huge stuff)
10~ pizza brings people together, laughter lightens the load, hugs must be cherished, the list will be there tomorrow, a cup of tea can open a door, tears only sting for a while, fear is often healthy-but not a way to live, weather will always be a hot topic, we can't be everything to everyone, and there will always be that person who wants to tear you apart. Love is worth fighting for, and our friendships should build us up and make us better.  We all need to want to be better.

 It may not look like only ten, and you're right, it's not.  I'm okay with that too!  I'll stick with this list as it is, because I had a BIG week, and to take any one of those beautiful things out would be a lie.  

   Enjoy the snow (YIKES), find beauty in it.  Make your own top ten, you might be surprised at how much goodness is in your life, and once you can see that list of goodness, be thankful!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment