Monday 24 September 2012

Sara Bareilles performs Uncharted in the PST Live Lounge


Hello there!

A new week, (sigh)!
  I think I'm going to mix up the routine this week.  I've got so many bits and bites racing through my jumbled mind that I don't really feel like making a solid decision at the moment.  So, I'm going to send you to music-ville later this week rather than today!
  How was the weekend?  
  I thought it couldn't have been better.  The colors that have sprung forth in the last week are beautiful, the sun has imparted warmth; enough to ward off severe chill, and I have felt like getting stuff done.
  All those bitsy things that were neglected through the summer because I was out taking advantage of the heat and enjoying all opportunity to savor a freezie, race through the sprinkler, and dig in my garden.  Things like washing the windows, cleaning out closets and hauling seasonal necessities to and fro, here and there, and from box to box.
  I've been slowly purging rooms.  It's amazing what that task can do to make you feel lighter.  I love looking into my closet and seeing a rainbow of color hanging neatly, the drawers and shelves stacked neatly and all those clothes that were relegated to the bottom of the pile tossed onto another pile to be taken away.  
  In the midst of the external tidy, do you ever wonder how you would look on the inside if you took a bit of time to examine the mess and clean it out there as well? I'll start with the easy ones-here are a few examples: that friend you owe an apology to, the coworker you need to ask forgiveness of, the habit you know is killing you that you really need to cut from your life.
  I've been doing some sweeping up on the inside, and I'll confess that it is not always easy to do these things.  The thing is, when it's done, when you've opened your hands and thrown that issue into the air, the fresh and new comes in and it's better.  So very much better!
  There are so many things I hold on to that hinder who I could be and the road I could be heading towards.  I don't want to fear my faults and forever drag around the messes I've made.  I want to clean it out, sweep it out so that the dust from the ugly bits don't stop me from really shining.  I want to be better, and the funny thing is, I know with a little work-I absolutely will be better.
  Oh man, I'm certainly no preacher...but I do know that a good thorough cleaning can truly change your perspective...and as perspective is something I've been pondering recently, I invite the challenge and I'm ready to tear away the bars that have got me trapped.
 Hmm, maybe there is a song for this after all!

Enjoy the challenge, and thanks for all your encouraging comments and emails.  They are much appreciated and ever humbling!



No comments:

Post a Comment