Wednesday 8 August 2012

Hello there!

   I’ve been thinking of intentions lately. Why we do what we do, what strings and chains pull at us to cause us to make the sort of decisions we do. If we’re self-aware at a deep enough level to understand our reasons, or maybe we don’t allow the potential affects of our actions to come into play when we decide right or left. Are our intentions to please others, ourselves, or a blind hope of laying a foundation for the future. The reality is whether big or small, self-aware or in denial, we all have intentions.
   I have for the most part been a person who makes intentional decisions my entire life. I recall my husband referring to me, even in our late teen dating days, as a 35 year old ’old’ lady in a young woman’s body. I never took offense, and why should I, it was true. I’m the second guesser, the analyzer, the talk-it-to-death, loose-sleep-over-it, and if you do eventually fall asleep, when you wakeup tear it apart and hammer at it some more, sort of girl.

   Hmmm, what is my point?

   Well it looks like my body has caught up to my brain….I am celebrating my 35th birthday this week.

   I could tackle this landmark number by making resolutions; I’ve done it before like I’m sure many of you have….take that trip I‘ve been planning for far too long, speak more French, overcome a random fear-(skydiving), love more, give more, learn something new, repair that friendship that’s been floundering, be more generous with myself. I could go on.

   I could do all those things, or here’s an idea: I could scratch out my list.

   If I’ve been a 35 year old woman since I was 15, why not try something new?

   Could it finally be my time to cut loose and take some chances? Throw caution to the wind. Leap before I look. Forge ahead as a
new me. Am I ready to wear red in a black and white world?

   I think what I need is to share a bottle of wine with my favorite gals! And maybe while I think the rest to a slow death, I’ll bake myself a cake!

  Cheers, to an inspired year at 35!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday sweetie;

    Rock your special day with every fibre of your soul.

    Much love,

    Karen

    ReplyDelete