Monday 22 July 2013

Lissie - Further Away (Romance Police)

  Morning and welcome to a new week!
  
  I know I'm always ultra vague about the projects I'm working on, and for now anyway, that's just the way it will have to be!  
  Today I can tell you this; my new friend is messed up.  She causes problems and makes messes everywhere she goes.  The saddest bit is that she is most toxic to herself, she knows it, thrives on it, and can't stop her out of control spiral.
  She is so far from anything I've worked on that every time I sit down with her I wonder if I'm capable of doing her justice.  Anyway, that's my problem....
  When I heard this song I could see her, I could see her heart, I could see her bleak moments and I could see her in desperation clawing her way into understanding.
  Okay!  Thanks for indulging me that vague bit of confession, and now shameless and documented brainstorming.  
  
  Apart from my vision of what this song conjures up, I love the sound.
  To me it's like a piece torn right from the sound of the beautiful musically thriving women of the 80's.  From the first few seconds of sound I hear the angst, which I imagine is the point.
  I love it, and as this is where my brain is at for the moment, I'll be listening to it for weeks to come.  Have a listen and though it's not available yet to buy, keep your eyes open for the moment it is!  Or head over and listen to the rest of her work, her sound, for me at the moment, is perfect.
  Enjoy an angst filled Monday!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment