Monday 15 July 2013

FAVORITE THINGS

  I had such a fantastic weekend!  Running in to so many women in my life that I have been blessed to know has recharged me.  It's going to be a good week!  But first let me tell you a bit of a story.

  Have you ever had a pure and perfect moment of complete, and potentially, soul baring understanding with an absolute stranger? Where everything you're feeling in that single instant is mirrored back to you in another's sparkling eyes?  Where your feeling of joy is reciprocated completely and perfectly?
  Well.
  I absolutely love the idea of this, let's call it a PURE MOMENT.
  I was driving home from the most exhilarating place in town this past Saturday morning.  Can you guess? yep, you got it.....the grocery store.
  I was, for possibly the first time this week, driving all on my own.  I was cruising through traffic, enjoying a song as I waited for the lights to turn green, and as I pulled slowly through the intersection the moment fell on me.
  Oddly enough I have no recollection of what song was on the radio, though I do know it was a good one, because my knee was up, my head was bobbing, and I had the beginnings of a smile on my face.
  Traffic was light, there were very few vehicles around, so I took the opportunity to take in my surroundings.  There were hanging flowers on the light posts in the boulevard, there was a drive thru window to my right that had vehicles slowly trickling through, and on the sidewalk on my left was a biker.  
  The biker was an interesting looking person.  I will describe the look as carefree, spontaneous, easy-living, meandering-to-their-destination-with-lazy-joy.  You get the picture; that biker was getting nowhere quickly, pushing the pedals and loving every hazy, sun-filled, hot-summer-morning moment!
  Well our eyes connected.  There was distance between us, a one way street and a boulevard.  Yet across that space I'm certain our eyes connected.  Those ultra fast, lightning-flash seconds were magic.  Eyes connected, locked fast, we shared a toothy grin; wide and free!  I felt joy passed my way from such a simple response.  It was pure.  Innocent. Intentional.  Encouraging.  Understanding.
  Corny, trust me, I know!
  I have no idea who this person was, nor will we likely cross paths again, but did it matter?
  That brief moment of connection felt deeper than so many of the interactions I've shared over the past few weeks.
  Could that instantaneous connection have felt the same for that biker?  I hope so, because it's was a great feeling.  
  I think the easiest way to explain it is that I feel like that person got everything about me even I didn't understand in that all-to-brief moment.
  
  Well, corny, I just may be!  Over-analyzing, all too likely!  Turning something into something it surely is not.....you tell me!
  
  Have you ever felt that same sort of connection that is gone too quickly but likely difficult to forget quickly?  The sort of connection that takes no effort and is perfect for the time it lasts, for whatever it means in that moment.
  In the very least, though it was so much more than these simple words, that moment gave me something to think about.  It changed my day.  It stirred up something I needed to be reminded of at exactly that moment in time.  
  I bet you want to know what I was reminded of, but you know what? I'm going to keep it to myself this time!
  Think back to your own moment, because surely you have all felt it at some point, too!  What did it mean to you?  Where did it take you?  What did it remind you of, or challenge you to grow into?
  Too much?  Too deep, to romanticized or altogether to ridiculous a thought for you to engage in?  Hmmm, well, get used to it!  It's Simply Me!


  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment