Tuesday 25 June 2013

Summer's the best, wouldn't you say?

  As an adult I was never a huge fan of summer, I would actually say I was indifferent, before I had kids. But there is something about the idea of rewinding the clock, and children tend to encourage it and not take ourselves so seriously, that has allowed me to look at summer completely differently.
  Summer is filled with so many of the best things:

~bike rides                                                  ~smores
~frozen fruit bars                                       ~pool parties
~sandals                                                      ~the beach
~swimsuits                                                  ~swimming
~sun tea                                                       ~flowers
~camping                                                     ~hiking
~BBQ on a hot summer evening              ~watermelon
~sunshine                                                    ~chasing lightning bugs or fireflies    

  I could go on and on and I'm certain I've skipped right over many of your favorite things.  But here is one of my all time favorite from girlhood till present day!
  Wimbledon.
  I love it.  Do you feel a long descriptive rant of my deep abiding love coming on?  Well, I'll spare you a lengthy dialogue today (no promise that it won't appear in the future), but make no mistake, I do love it....deeply!
 I'm not sure when my love for this grass court wonder embedded itself in my heart, but I anticipate its return each summer.
  
  What are some of your favorite summer wonders? 
  And what are you doing to maximize your summer fun in the next few weeks?

No comments:

Post a Comment