Friday 17 May 2013

Favorite Things...Top Ten- a hodge podge, frenzy filled, abundantly blessed week!

~ I got to spend hours in a vehicle at work the other day.  For many it would suck, for me it
    was fantastic!  Hours alone, listening to my favorite music, and DRIVING!!! one of my 
    very favorite things!  Who would complain!
    (I listened to every song in the menu of my phone that started with the letter F until it ran
     over into G!  Awesome!  Did I mention I sang like a rock star the whole time!!)
~ catching up with old friends.  Whether through email, text, proper telephone conversation
    or sitting across the table and sharing a spread of food, old friends are the best!  I love 
    each and every one of you! You make me better with how you all touch my heart.
~ memory lane!  I'm not usually eager to hop aboard that train, but every now and then the
    good images surface.  A smile crosses my lips suddenly and, you know what? I feel good!
~  I am anticipating the rain that is predicted this weekend.  I'm eager to see my yard turn
    green, my garden sprout up, and to be honest, I'm too busy to remember to water my 
    flowers.  So, yes, the rain is welcome!
~  one of my boys has chosen baseball as his sport this season.  I was hesitant, baseball at a 
    10 year old level is not so exciting!  Also baseball was my sport and it seriously sucked   
    when I had to give it up due to injury.  As a parent I never want my children to feel they  
    are walking in the shadow of my shoes.  I want them to find what they love and work their 
    butts off to be the best they can be.  Not just in sport, but in life.  Watching him play was 
    exciting.  The smile on his face and bounce in his step was worth every agonizingly boring  
    moment!
~ swapping out my winter sweaters for fun summer skirts on the shelf in my closet!
~ running in the warm sunshine and feeling the sun on my shoulders
~ new music
~ the happy-faced flowers next to my computer
~ finding those moments of quiet in my life and savoring them.  Being thankful, and giving
   thanks!


   
     
    Have a fabulous weekend folks!! Savor the simple, take pleasure in the company of those you love, turn your face up in those moments when the sun calls!
Happy Friday, everyone! Cheers to this lovely May long weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment