Monday 6 May 2013

Crazy Love - Ray Charles & Van Morrison

Hey there!  
Good morning and Hello Monday!

  I've been going through a bunch of old music in the name of research (and pure pleasure).  It's been more than merely listening to some stuff my parents listened to when I was small, I've been revisiting memorable tunes that shaped my own opinions of music and bring some very odd memories rushing back.  My memories are usually vague and very random.  To be honest I remember the most bizarre things and forget what everyone else deems important.  That is just the way my head works!  
  Anyway, memories are funny things, and when I create a new character I feel like I am visiting their memories.  I see their life as if it were a movie from the beginning, I know every small detail about them.  How they intermingle with other's stories that never make it to the paper, and wherever their stories take each of them.   My own memory becomes laced with those in my imagination, and my life milestones are remembered in my characters journey and I remember where I was when their moments happen.  
  Yep, probably too much information from this suddenly crazy sounding lady!
  So back to the music!  
  I come back to this one over and over, though to be honest I don't recall any memory of it.  I just love it and so does my new friend; I can't wait to write the scene with this song.  It makes me want to turn up the sound, and swing my hips like I've suddenly got rhythm and soul!  Maybe above all, it makes me want to hear more.
  So take a listen and enjoy....



No comments:

Post a Comment