Friday 19 April 2013

 A Messy State of Emotion

 I've always loved this, even when my spirit worked arduously to deny the hopeless romantic that I so obviously am (and believe me, I worked hard to deny it for longer than I care to admit, and continue to struggle to acknowledge it).  So because this is a relatively safe place for me to hold tightly to my romantic nature, I'm sharing with you, my favorite anonymous friends, pieces of my heart.

  In these words my heart is stirred, saddened, warmed and propelled to yearning for the same deep desire which is more than affection, simpler than love, and so obviously entangled with the messy state we call emotion.

Choice

I'd rather have the thought of you
To hold against my heart,
My spirit to be taught of you
With west winds blowing,
Than all the warm caresses 
Of another love's bestowing,
Or all the glories of the world
In which you had no part.

I'd rather have the theme of you
To thread my nights and days,
I'd rather have the dream of you
With faint stars glowing,
I'd rather have the want of you,
The rich, elusive taunt of you
Forever and forever and forever unconfessed
Than claim the alien comfort
Of any other's breast.

O lover! O my lover,
That this should come to me!
I'd rather have the hope of you,
Ah, Love, I'd rather grope for you
Within the great abyss
Than claim another's kiss-
Alone I'd rather go my way
Throughout eternity.

              ~Angela Morgan~


  Ahh.  Yes, there you have it folks, a piece of my heart.  Read what you will into it, ponder or throw it away!  It's your choice, and that is a piece of why and what makes it beautiful!
  What I know for certain is that in a few short hours the weekend will be here and there is always something special about a Friday night!  Are you on the cusp of falling in love?  Will you see it as a choice when you do or throw all caution to the sea and dive right in?
  Whether a cynic, a realist, an idealist, or a romantic, I wish you the best weekend of your life!  Hug the ones you love, hold them tight, make sure they know they are special (there's no hidden agenda behind that, it's just good common sense)!

Cheers to the weekend folks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment