Monday 1 April 2013

Kodaline High Hopes (BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge 23/01/2013)

High Hopes, indeed.

    I'm feeling sort of somber and contemplative at the moment, it's been a few days of this quieter mood that has inserted itself into my mind.  I think it is necessary to embrace these feelings, not only to recharge from the past few months of hectic scheduling, but also to reflect on the moments that were quickly passed over during that time, as well as to prepare for the season that is fast approaching.
  I'm not generally a fan of the "it's only a season" reasoning.  I believe in the principle of the saying, however, when you're in the midst of said season, knowing it will pass at some point is of little comfort.  I want to be that person that is able to embrace the moment and not relegate circumstances into a neat column called this too shall pass.
  I'm not very good at this last part; the embracing the moment bit, but I'm working on it.  That's right, I'm a work in progress.  I have a list (go figure) of things I want to do, proclaim, and accomplish, but I'm not so sure when, how, or if I will ever be able to stroke these things from this notorious list of mine.  I guess the point I'm more or less trying to make is that I'm not quite where I'm not quite there yet, but for the moment, I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be!!

  I have to mention, today is a special day!  My son took his first breaths at 7:29 ten years ago.  I can't believe it.....10.  So crazy!!  He changed our life, opened up our eyes to a new and crazy world, and he has brought more love than thought possible.  
  Happy Birthday, my dear, sweet, handsome, young prince!!  It's birthday brownies for supper tonight!

  So I've been on a Kodaline kick the last little bit.  Let's start your week with something smooth and, because I'm in the mood, contemplative or reflective...however you want to look at it.  
  It's not available in Canada yet but, fingers crossed, it will be soon.

Happy Monday!  Enjoy

1 comment:

  1. add me to the list...
    i've been contemplative and somber the last week or so too.
    what gives?
    just trying to live presently too.
    wondering why the thoughts and feelings and trying to process them.
    trying to figure out what my mind and heart are trying to tell me.
    can't wait to see you tonight!
    xo

    ReplyDelete