Friday 8 March 2013

  You ever feel like if you don't keep going you simply won't be able to keep going?  I've taken that to a bit of an extreme this week by including less sleep to keep me going.  All part of the plan.....Not so much!
  I'll be upfront and share the simple fact that sleep hasn't always looked kindly upon this girl.    I love it almost more than anything, but it's a fickle state which often evades, dodges, and outright avoids returning its affections which provides comfort to my weary bones.  Okay, I am crazy, I know it!  But seriously, with the amount of sleep I've lost this week it's no surprise!

Here's What I Know  (a few of my dirty secrets revealed)

~ I don't do puke.  I thank the Lord that my husband takes on this task without
   qualms because I clear out like a flash before the same fate befall me!

~ in spite of the puke bug, I thoroughly enjoyed having the opportunity to snuggle my oldest
   son, who by the way believes he's past that now......boo

~ I'm addicted to my vacuum.  Who's complaining?  You all should be thankful and take note
    that when you come to my home you can be gosh-darn-sure it will be clean 
   
~ it is my delight to feed people.  I get it, you're not always hungry, but if I offer you a slice
   of cake fresh from the oven, a heaping plate of cheese oozing, sauce dripping, aroma 
   enticing pasta, take it, shove it in your mouth, smile, and tell me it's the most tasty thing
   you've ever experienced! (insert evil laugh)

~ my life may be filled to the brim with rambunctious, loud and indifferent men and boys, 
   but I still need pretty things

~ I have easily become addicted to the fancy tea I picked up a few weeks ago....

~ I'm also addicted to lip gloss, have been since I was a wee one (minus a brief window
   when I was all about the lipstick)

~ I buy clothes I think I like, but when I get home I have buyers remorse and keep those 
   pretty things in the bag so I can return them....apparently this is a first born trait...

~ (this follows closely along with the previous confession, and my husband will roll his eyes
    and confirm this, he may even pull at his hair) I often struggle with making decisions.
    In my defense I want to make decisions for myself, but think more often than not about
    what everyone else wants...therefore confusing my ability to make a firm choice.

~ I ran outside this afternoon in long underwear layered over with a pair of shorts.....yep, I'm 
   that cool!

~ we're all different.  We're all different.  Yep, that's it, we're all different.  I'm good at 
   some things, you're most likely better at others, and that's what makes each of us special!
   I'm the lady my girlfriends call when they need encouragement or an ear to listen.  I have 
   a friend I call when I need a laugh, a friend to call when I need to be silly, another when
   I need to get out of the house.  They all have individual gifts that make them uniquely
   special and perfectly them!  Could I live without any one of them?  I'd rather not...it's hard
   work making good friends and even more difficult to build a level of trust to suss out those
   perfect qualities and take full advantage of them!

  That's what I know.  
  It's been a busy week, and as the sun shines longer each day with the faithful promise of spring, there is no chance this lady will slow down!
  Take time to indulge in the small things.  Hug the ones you love, say thank you to a few special people in your life, embrace the odd, quirky, original bits of your personality, maybe even share those things with someone new!


It's Friday again folks!  Who's excited?  Enjoy the weekend! We'll chat soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment