Wednesday 13 February 2013

Mid-Week Confessions

Hey, All!!


  I'm going to attempt, against my better judgement, to be that fantastic mom; you know, the one who brings treats to her kids class, the one you all wish was yours, the one I AM NOT!


   Here's the deal....(and it's not that big of one either).  I didn't sign up to bring treats to the 2nd grade Christmas party...BAH, what was I thinking? I could have had this things over with months ago....plus Valentine's Day...yuck!  I'm not a fan.  I'd rather be loved every other day of the year but this one...anyway, that's my issue so I'll try not to bore you with the oddity of my quirks. 


   Anyway, I don't know if I've told y'all before but baking is my nemesis.  No Joke.

I love to cook, but baking? Measuring all those ingredients? Frankly, I don't have the patience or the discipline for it....hence....my nemesis, (plus there is no therapeutic chopping involved).

   Okay, so my intentions are good, grand even.  I scrolled through all the cupcake and cake recipes on Tastespotting, and I found a few that seem to require a normal amount of work.  The problem is time.  Where will I find it, how will I fit in the mixing, pouring, baking, cooling, waiting to be able to frost them steps?
  Not sure, I think while I'm out and about today, racing, chasing, and making sure the bills are paid, the skates are sharpened, and that we are where we need to be on time, I might just stop at the shop and pick up a box mix....shhhh, don't tell Little Bear!
   Wish me luck! If I find myself completely overcome with creative ability I may even snap a picture or two....look out!


      

No comments:

Post a Comment