Friday 22 February 2013

  I had the complete joy this morning of being entrusted to watch over a friend's baby.  She is everything a baby girl should be.  Sweet smelling, tiny, with a sparkling smile and eyes that trust completely.  Spending those short hours with her were an absolute delight and when she fell asleep with her little face pressed to my chest....sigh!

  It's hard for me to remember what those days were like with my own babies.  Having that far off remembrance is both sad and happy mingled together.  Sad because the days pass so quickly and, though that is cliche, they are so grown and self-sufficient already.  Happy because, the obvious!! they are so grown and self-sufficient already!

  I'm sure every parent is geared to excel more naturally in different phases of rearing their children.  I confess that though the sweet-smelling baby days were a treat, I do enjoy the phase I'm in at the moment!
  I have it pretty good.  Yes my boys, if I can generalize, are rambunctious and typically male, but they are also sweet, sensitive, and not completely embarrassed to be associated with their mom!
   
Here's What I Know

1~ a little love goes a long way
2~ chocolate bars make little boy's eyes glow with delight...(it's the small things)
3~ family values cannot be taught at school or daycare
4~ the first years are hard work, but hopefully with a little luck and a truck load of prayers,
      a foundation that is strong will be built
5~ your attitude goes a long way to telling people who you are
6~ snow days are a treat and cousins are the best
7~ snow drifts as deep as your waist were made to dive in to
8~ hot chocolate warms everyone up
9~if you have the space, the time, the ability, or a smile....share it with someone who could 
     use the boost
10~ hugs and kisses from my growing boys are not ever taken for granted

  It's not much on this beautiful, sunshiny, February afternoon, but it's What I Know!
  
  Have the best weekend you can muster, folks, and we'll catch up next week!

  Hip hip hooray and three cheers for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment