Wednesday 19 December 2012

Winter Snow Song - Audrey Assad with Chris Tomlin

 The snow was falling softly this afternoon, the perfect sort of snowfall where you could pick out each individual flake, and if you allowed yourself to steal a moment, you would stick out your tongue to catch them.  It was beautiful, it was calm, it was so peaceful you could smell, feel, even taste it.
  Moments like that often need to be sought out, and time needs to be set aside to embrace the beauty and appreciate it with a thankful heart.
  I've been feeling mushy and sentimental the past few days.  I want to tell everyone I love exactly what they mean to me, I want to tell the women in my life how beautiful they are and how much I learn from them; how much I appreciate them, how they make me better.  I want to hold my babies so close they have to squirm to breathe.  And my husband, well, he's not complaining about this mood I'm in!


  The picture above I managed to snap the other day on a run.  The trees were coated by a thick layer of hoarfrost and the snow was gently making its way to my path.  It was perfect. The air was thin, but in it was something that was replenishing and energizing, and at every turn my eyes couldn't help but absorb beauty that seemed to sweep my troubles away.  It took me out of myself and allowed me to focus on the Gifter of all that beauty.
  This is the season of love joy and peace.  I find it easy to feel in moments like that, and to be honest, the gratitude I feel is difficult to contain.  
I'm thankful for the love I feel
I'm thankful for the love I have an opportunity to share
I'm thankful for the love I receive
I'm thankful for the peace my heart feels when I stop thinking of myself
I'm thankful that when I think of Christmas, and what it means in my heart, I over flow with hope, joy, and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment