Wednesday 5 December 2012

A Little Thankfulness

  I've found myself over the last few days in the unusual circumstance of being home alone.
I will say first and foremost that I knew I needed a break, but being able to feel the changes inside of me after only the first day, I now know I won't ever doubt the power and importance of quiet aloneness again!
Ha!
  Being home alone is something I've dreamed about for probably close to eight years, maybe more.  My family returns today, and though I am thrilled that they are, inside of me there is also this small part that isn't quite ready to embrace the frenzy of energy and activity that they will bring with them, and yes, even embody in their sleep!
  What I do know is that I will not let nine years go by again before I indulge in this battery replacement!

  This Week's TOP TEN

1~ Sshhh.  Oh wait!  There's no one here at 10:45pm, turn the music up!
2~ I couldn't sleep so I got up super early and worked out on my loud machines, watching
      a very loud movie filled with explosions 
3~ I sat down to eat, not when it fit into the schedule, but when I was hungry.  
4~ I absorbed the silence more than I would ever have thought I would.  And yes,
      I loved it!
5~ For some very strange reason, when I don't need to get up in the morning I wake up
      much earlier than I regularly would....it's great!  I eased out of bed, made coffee, sat down
      and drank it hot.....(this does not happen in this mama's world)
6~ I found myself appreciating my family more than usual
7~ I made a cup of tea and watched the miserable weather just beyond my window
8~ I visited some fabulous people I don't often have time to and was recharged further
9~ I stayed home, every second I could
10~ I wasn't in a hurry to do anything

  These may all seem super self-indulgent, ridiculous treats, and you know what?  They totally are!  I feel better, I'm excited to see my husband, and fingers crossed, my children will be right behind him.  That is a good thing, because as much as I was sad I wasn't going with.....I couldn't wait for them to go!
  This time to myself gave me perspective, and I'm ready to finish this year off strong and enter a new one with fresh eyes, a thankful heart, and a recharged battery!
  
  It's not possible to take time like I've had all that often.  So thank you to my fantastic, loving, favorite one, my sweetheart, for recognizing how badly I needed it.  It has been one of the best things you've ever done for me - love you!

1 comment:

  1. i'm so so glad you got that little break!
    man, it makes me jealous to read your words.
    a mini vacation... in your own home.
    sounds divine!
    i love #1 and 2!
    ha!
    xo

    ReplyDelete