Monday 5 November 2012

Serena Ryder "What I Wouldn't Do"


Rise and shine, and welcome another Monday!
How are you feeling this morning?  Are you ready to shine your light on everyone
you see?  Are you ready to blaze a new trail and be the most fabulous YOU you can be?

  I am!  I feel that thing glowing inside of me.  You want to know what that thing is?...it's called belief!  
  I believe in me!  It's a big deal, and with that, I am able to wipe away all the doubts, the worry, the stress, and oh boy-the fear, that I'm never going to get where I'm going.  I believe in me today! 

  I love poetry, I love the vision it creates, I love its words, and I love how specifically placed words can evoke such specific feelings. This has long been one of my favorites, and a small poetic piece of what I'm feeling!

  ~Long have you timidly waded holding a plank by the shore,
Now I will you to be a bold swimmer,
To jump off in the midst of the sea, rise again, nod to me,
   shout, and laughingly dash with your hair.
-Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

  Now lookie here, how this fits so nice!!  Here's a more modern use of poetry, because that's what music is, isn't it? It makes me feel many of the same feelings, but it takes me there in a very different way!

  Get up, scratch the surface-dig a little, find out what makes you feel like you're glowing from the inside out.
  Once you've found it, tap your toes, swim in it for a while....then get out there and share it.  It's contagious, delicious, run-with-your-arms-wide-open-fabulous!
   Believe it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment