Friday 28 September 2012

Lover of the Light - Mumford & Sons

  Another grand finale to a gorgeous week!
  In truth I don't remember where the days began and ended; they all seemed somehow to blur into the next.  It may have been the race to get to try-outs, taking care of the priorities on my list, or the stomach flu that took me out for two days.  It really matters little in the end.  
  This album appeared in my inbox this week! It was so delightfully delicious and anticipated, I got up early to download it!  This selection is my favorite so far, though I have had moments of serious waffling about that, because with each listen I fall more deeply in love! 
  I'm not sure which I love more, the lyrics or their purposeful commitment to filling each song with just the right amount of spirit.  These fellows obviously love what they do, if they didn't their music would fall flat and watching them perform would be lackluster.
  Thankfully their commitment and heart is not something I believe needs to be questioned!  Can you tell I'm smitten?
  I know I ramble on about music likely too much, but this one will have me rambling for a long, long while!
  Each time I hear one of their songs it hits me in a new area, with new purposes and intent, and that isn't even attempting to explain how emotionally carried away and involved I feel.
  This isn't my favorite clip of the song, though it is live and will give you an idea of how passionate and committed their performances are.
  The end cuts off a bit and sadly, as that is my favorite part at the moment, it doesn't give you same climactic finish as others will.  Nonetheless, it's worth a moment of your time, and a revisit after that!
  So now you know I'm helplessly in love, heavily inspired, and feeling in desperate need to move my feet and sing along with abandon as though I were the fifth member of this insanely talented team.  
  My challenge to you is: I dare you to have a listen and feel nothing!
  Good luck with that.....hahahahaha!
  





No comments:

Post a Comment